Dyfed Powys Police | Heddlu Dyfed Powys
Page Content Starts Here

If you don’t want it, 101 it

101 - when it's less urgent than 999

Call 101, when it's less urgent than 999

National film for 101

Police in Wales have an easy number to call when you want to speak with them, but it’s not urgent. Calling 101 puts you straight through to your local Police Force.

For non-urgent calls to the Police, ring 101. Using 999 for general enquiries may delay response to someone who needs urgent assistance.

Non-urgent calls are when:

  • You want to report a crime or criminal damage that is not in progress at the time of your call
  • You want to report a minor road traffic collision
  • To report behaviour you consider to be ‘anti social’ but doesn’t require an emergency response
  • You want to contact your local police officer
  • You want to enquire about lost property or provide information to the police
  • You need information or advice
  • You would like to speak to your local neighbourhood policing team