Our Pegasus scheme is for people who find it hard to communicate with us – we keep your pre-registered information safe on our computer and we can access it quickly if you call us. You don't need to repeat all your details.
Who can register?
- Anyone who has a disability or illness that may make it hard to communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation.
- Registration is free.
How it works
- You’ll be issued with a key-ring and asked to provide us with a password of your choice. If you then need to call us, say ‘Pegasus’, tell us your password and we’ll access your details right away, which will save you time.
- You can also show your key-ring to a police officer or member of police staff if you need assistance in person and they’ll know you may need extra help and support.
- You can change or update your details at any time.
Pegasus terms and conditions
- Your information will be stored on a secure database owned by the police where access is controlled.
- Once every two years we’ll check the information is correct and up to date.
Please click 'Start' below to complete our quick and easy online application form to join the scheme.
You can withdraw your consent and be removed from the scheme at any time by contacting us.
Please note that applications may take up to four weeks to process.