Complaints and Compliments

We are committed to providing high-quality services to all our customers in a fair and equal way. Whether you are not satisfied with the service you have received or you have received an excellent service, we would like to know about it.  In the first instance, contact our Public Service Bureau.

If you wish to lodge a formal complaint against police officers below the rank of Chief Constable, contact our Professional Standards Department.

There are several ways to make a formal complaint to Dyfed Powys Police:

  • Visit a Police Station where a Senior Officer will see you
  • Contact your Solicitor, your M.P., Citizens Advice Bureau or support agency, Probation Service or you could nominate a person to act on your behalf (written consent would need to be provided).
  • Write to the Professional Standards Department, Dyfed-Powys Police, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, SA31 2PF
  • Telephone – ring 101 and ask for Professional Standards
  • Email – 


We have a thorough procedure for investigating and monitoring complaints that are explained on pages below.