What are equality objectives?
The Public Sector Equality Duty (to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity, and foster good relations) applies to both our service users and the people we employ (police officers and staff).
On the 10th September 2011, the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011 came into force. In order to comply with the Specific Duties, Police Forces in England and Wales are required to produce ‘one or more equality objectives’ that they think they should achieve to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010;
- Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it;
- Foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
Who do I contact if I need any further information?
If you require any further information then please contact us by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Equality and Diversity Team, Dyfed-Powys Police, Police Headquarters, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, SA31 2PF
- Telephone: 101
- Non-emergency text service for people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired - Dyfed Powys Police has a non-emergency text service for people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired. You do not have to register to use this service but it would assist Dyfed Powys police if you did provide us with your contact details. The mobile number is: 07811 311 908