We know that reporting a crime can be distressing. The decision to contact the police can be daunting, and you may have concerns about what is going to happen next. We are committed to giving the best possible service to ensure you receive the right support and are kept fully informed about your case throughout the criminal justice service.

Reporting a crime to police

  • Dial 999 in an emergency, if life is threatened, people are injured, offenders are nearby, or immediate action is needed.
  • Dial 101 to report a non-urgent incident. If a crime has already happened, or to give information about a crime.
  • Report online
  • Report to a police officer at a station or on the street

We will provide you with updates during our investigation into your case at agreed intervals. We will inform you when a suspect has been arrested, charged or bailed – letting you know of their bail conditions – and decisions regarding case disposal.

We will put you in contact with Goleudy Victim & Witness Service, once you have reported your crime.

We will take all reasonable steps to identify victims of the most serious crime, victims who are persistently targeted, and vulnerable or intimidated victims and offer them an enhanced service.

If you are afraid to come forward or choose not to make a report to police, you can still access support through Goleudy.  You can self-refer at any time you feel you want help.  Goleudy is service funded by the Police & Crime Commissioner and is co-located with the police, but information provided to Goleudy is not shared with the police unless you ask for it to be.