You must be a person who thrives on challenges, and are willing to work hard to learn the skills necessary for this difficult but critical role. You will be working shifts and you will have a comprehensive training programme that will be delivered over a period of 24 months.
Don't doubt that this can be a tough and unpredictable job, but it is also an extremely rewarding position.
Through our comprehensive training programme you will learn to:
- protect the public from violence
- provide a reassuring presence in the community
- support victims of crime and offer help to those who have witnessed crimes
- investigate complex crimes using a mixture of cutting-edge technology and time-proven traditional methods
What's in it for you?
There's so much to gain from becoming a police officer.
In return for your hard work you will:
- have a rewarding job where no two days are ever the same
- be constantly challenged and always learning
- be valued for your contribution to your community
- have opportunities for advancement
Latest Update – we are currently closed for Police Officer recruitment
The next Police Officer recruitment window is due to open in January 2019. The exact dates are yet to be confirmed, so please keep checking back to this page for more details.