The National Speed Awareness Course 20 is specific for speeding offences within 20 mile per hour areas. This will allow offenders who have committed the offence of speeding to be offered a course in the area of their choice.
Once a motorist has completed a course they will be ineligible for another course offer if they reoffend within 3 years of the original offence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Outside of the Dyfed-Powys Police Area
Booking / Further Information
You can book a course by visiting our online booking website or if you have any queries or questions not covered within this information or would like to book a place on the course over the telephone, please contact:
Dyfed-Powys Police, Police HQ, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 2PF
Phone: 01267 226479. (Phone lines are open between 09.00am and 12.30pm. There is an answer phone facility outside of these times or if phone lines are busy).
Online Booking: https://www.dyfed-powys-driver-retraining-courses.co.uk
If you have any special requirements (e.g. translator / interpreter required, specific requirements in respect of disability, breastfeeding facilities or any medical condition which could impact on your attendance on the course, Contact Us before booking.
Below are examples of feedback received from clients who have previously attended this course:
- "The course was all good and definitely beneficial. Excellent knowledge of trainers. Great delivery of course content."
- "Raised awareness regarding many issues on road safety and general reminders. Thank you to both trainers on an excellent presentation."
- "I was glad of the opportunity to do the course completely in Welsh"
- "Everything was covered in great detail. Ten out of ten!"
- "All the information provided was beneficial regarding my speed and hazards to be aware of. The trainers were very good and made the course more interesting."
- "The delivery of the course was excellent. Very interesting and a real opportunity to improve my approach to driving."
- "The trainers were brilliant. They took the time to fully explain everything."