If you are already the holder of a certificate and your personal circumstances change – please contact the department in writing to update your details, giving details of your new address and telephone number. Retain your certificate in order that you may purchase ammunition, your certificate will be requested either by the Firearms Enquiry Officer – or by the department when your new certificate is ready.