This course is for the driver who demonstrates carelessness or under performance.
The decision to offer this course should always be based on an objective assessment of the offender’s act or omission as to whether it amounts to:
- A lapse of concentration;
- An error of judgement;
- A general mistake, or
- A lack of awareness of the law pertaining to the offence that he or she has committed, that has not had wider consequences (i.e. a collision).
The course aims to raise driver’s awareness of individual driving skills deficits and to start the process that will allow drivers to addressing them.
Once a motorist has completed a course they will be ineligible for another course offer if they reoffend within 3 years of the original offence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Outside of the Dyfed-Powys Police Area
The courses are held in numerous venues across the Dyfed-Powys area. If there isn’t a course available within your area, please contact the Driver Re-Training Scheme on 01267 226479 who can arrange a course for you.
If you have any queries or questions not covered within this information, please contact:
Dyfed-Powys Police, Police HQ, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 2PF
Phone: 01267 226479. (Phone lines are open between 09.00am and 12.30pm. There is an answer phone facility outside of these times or if phone lines are busy).
- "Leaving the course recharged with driving techniques"
- "It made me think and be far more aware. I thought I was a fair driver - this made me realise I had to think more"
- "I enjoyed the courses as it gave me the knowledge of COAST, which I think every driver would benefit from. It also made it easier that the course trainer was friendly and helpful"