The National Driver Alertness Course is offered to motorists who are involved in a Road Traffic Incident where there is sufficient evidence to indicate that they have been "Driving Without Due Care and Attention, or Driving Without Reasonable Consideration for Other Road Users" contrary to Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, or other like offences.
Once a motorist has completed a course they will be ineligible for another course offer if they re-offend within 3 years of the original offence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Outside of the Dyfed-Powys Police Area
If you have any queries or questions not covered within this information, please contact:
Dyfed-Powys Police, Police HQ, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 2PF
Phone: 01267 226479. (Phone lines are open between 09.00am and 12.30pm. There is an answer phone facility outside of these times or if phone lines are busy).
Below are examples of feedback received from clients who have previously attended this course:
- "I gained confidence in driving and more knowledge. The course was beneficial and I met wonderful course tutors / instructors and fellow course takers"
- "It was beneficial to have good feedback about my driving from someone other than my partner!"
- "Raised my awareness on road and improved smoother driving. Course excellently delivered with easily understood information"
- "Fantastic trainers. Overall found it very helpful"
- "Course provided practical and appropriate information which I could relate to"
- "Increased my awareness"
- "Helped my driving on the whole"
- "It was beneficial to learn how to be more alert when driving. The trainers were excellent"
- "Advice given by instructors about COAST most beneficial. Possibly more theory in the classroom would be more beneficial"