The National Motorway Awareness Course is for offences committed on motorways, those who have been detected exceeding the active variable speed limit, passed through a mandatory Red X lane closure signal and infringements occurring on hard shoulders and refuge areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any queries or questions not covered within this information, please contact:
Dyfed-Powys Police, Police HQ, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 2PF
Phone: 01267 226479. (Phone lines are open between 09.00am and 12.30pm. There is an answer phone facility outside of these times or if phone lines are busy).
Below are examples of feedback received from clients who have previously attended this course:
- "I enjoyed the course much more than expected. I will now look at motorway driving differently and I feel a lot more prepared and aware"
- "The course tutors provided information that was easy to understand and follow. Reiterate and update on the motorway system. Very helpful and informative"
- "Professionally presented course, tutors first class. Involvement without being lectured, creating a fresh and greater awareness of driving hazards and responsibilities. This course is an excellent training course"
- "Sceptical about how much value I would get from session but extremely happy with how much I have learned and will ensure I driver more carefully and knowledgably"
- "Overall an excellent course which provided the time and platform in which to reflect, ask questions and re-assess ones attitude to driving. Factual, interesting and informative"