The National Speed Awareness Scheme will allow offenders who have committed the offence of speeding to be offered a course in the area of their choice.
Once a motorist has completed a course they will be ineligible for another course offer if they re-offend within 3 years of the original offence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Outside of the Dyfed-Powys Police Area
If you have any queries or questions not covered within this information, please contact:
Dyfed-Powys Police, Police HQ, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 2PF
Phone: 01267 226479. (Phone lines are open between 09.00am and 12.30pm. There is an answer phone facility outside of these times or if phone lines are busy).
Below are examples of feedback received from clients who have previously attended this course:
- "Excellent course. Well worth doing as opposed to points and fine. Made me far more aware of the dangers associated with speeding, even at low speeds"
- "I thought overall the course was very well delivered. I am so glad to have had an opportunity to refresh my driving knowledge"
- "An excellent experience with excellent facilitators, and all relevant information"
- "Positive, happy, friendly providers"
- "Very beneficial and informative course. Very relaxing and enjoyable. I will take a few tips on board. Thank you"
- "Lovely to have the course in Welsh. Thank you to the trainers for presenting the information in an interesting and friendly way"
- "It drew to my attention to my lack of up to date awareness of road speeds and a need to re-look at the highway code. More likely to change bad habits into good habits – accepting the fine and points would not achieve this."
- "The presenters were very sincere when delivering all the messages. Well worth attending. Thank you."
- "The trainers were very good. I've definitely taken a lot from the course. I learned a lot and it’s made me want to be a better driver"
- "The delivery by the trainers was concise and well presented, involving participation. Acted as an excellent refresher on speed limits"
- "It was a good wake up call. I found it very useful with lots of interesting information. I didn't expect to enjoy the course, but I did – lots of opportunities to participate. The four hours flew by!"
- "This was a good course and was £85 well spent! I accepted the training because it kept 3 points off my licence. I leave feeling it is more likely that I will not repeat the speeding offence!"
- "Made me realise the danger of excess of speed limit. Excellent points to drive safely. Was not looking forward to attending but found it very useful and glad I had the opportunity."
- "The whole course was well put together and presented. I really feel I have benefited from attending"
- "Lovely to have the chance to attend a Welsh course. The course was run professionally and efficiently"
- "Very enjoyable morning with some good company and lots of interesting information. It was all fantastic. Lots of learning – found out things that I didn't know"