Motorcyclists although making up around only 1% of the motoring population account for a highly disproportionate number of serious injury or fatal collisions. There are many reasons why this is the case, however the very nature of motorcycling and the mindset of some motorcyclists exposes them to extreme dangers.
RIDE is a one-day classroom based course targeted at powered two-wheeler offenders who have committed a wide range of offences. It is targeted at riders whose attitudes rather than skills deficit mean that they take unacceptable risks on the road.
Eligible offences include:
- Speeding (officer witnessed not camera offences)
- Contravene red lights
- Aggressive tailgating
- Crossing solid white lines etc
RIDE aims to produce safety and more responsible attitudes towards riding, and to increase motivation to ride with consideration for other road users. Educating riders via this course will hopefully reduce the number of injuries and deaths on our roads, making safer communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Outside of the Dyfed-Powys Police Area
If you have any queries or questions not covered within this information, please contact:
Dyfed-Powys Police, Police HQ, PO Box 99, Llangunnor, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 2PF
Phone: 01267 226479. (Phone lines are open between 09.00am and 12.30pm. There is an answer phone facility outside of these times or if phone lines are busy).
Below are examples of feedback received from clients who have previously attended this course:
- "Very informative and delivered in a very good manner and on a level that was easy to understand."
- "The course provided valuable information and the trainers were great."
- "The Trainers were better than I expected. I thought I’d be getting grilled all day but it was nothing like that. It was a nice friendly environment"