10 Feb 2019

Police have arrested a man following an incident at Synod Inn yesterday, while investigations continue to locate a second man.
There is currently a high police presence in Cardigan as officers act on information which suggests the outstanding man could be in the area. Officers are urging people to keep their vehicles and outbuildings locked while the operation is underway.
Police were called to Synod Inn at around 1.15pm yesterday by a police officer who had been attacked following a routine stop on a car passing through. The officer is currently waiting for further medical assessments and is unable to return to work.
A large scale search was carried out through the afternoon and evening, with a 29-year-old man from the Sussex area arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and three counts of taking vehicles without consent. He remains in police custody at this time.
Police are still appealing for any sightings or information about the outstanding man, who is described as white, and could be wearing shorts and a white t-shirt with grey in the middle. Any piece of information could be vital in tracing him.
Chief Superintendent Peter Roderick said: “While one person has been arrested in connection with yesterday’s incident, the second is currently outstanding.
“We are asking people to remain vigilant, not fearful, as at the present time we believe this man to pose more of a risk to police officers than members of the public.
“We are using all the information we have to trace him, and people living in the Cardigan area might have noticed a higher than usual police presence as we act on intelligence we have received.
“We continue to urge people in Ceredigion to keep their domestic and farm vehicles locked, with the keys out of the ignition. This will minimise opportunities for the individual to leave the area. Please also report any suspicious information to us, particularly if you believe someone might be using a shed or outbuilding for cover.
“Please report any suspicious behaviour to police by calling 999.”