Firearms Licensing

It is - with certain statutory exception - an offence to possess, purchase or acquire any firearm or ammunition to which Section 1 of the Firearms Act 1968 applies without holding a firearm certificate. The certificate will show the firearms and ammunition which the holder may have in his or her possession, purchase or acquire. If you are applying to hold a weapon other than a rifle, muzzle loading pistol or shot gun with a large magazine, you should contact your local police firearms licensing department for advice.