Joining us at Dyfed-Powys Police means you’ll have access to a large range of benefits and support.
- All of your training will be working towards a degree level qualification, which will be awarded when you’re confirmed as a police constable. You’ll be paid while you learn!
- You’ll receive a starting salary of £23,556 which rises to £26,680 after 12 months in role. If you continue your service at the rank of constable, this will eventually rise to the maximum of £43,030.
- New recruits receive 22 days annual leave per year. There are also opportunities for overtime which can either be paid or taken as additional time off.
- Accommodation is provided during training if you’re travelling more than 30 miles from your home address to our headquarters in Carmarthen.
- Lunch is provided during your initial training in our canteen. Residential students will also be provided with breakfast and an evening meal.
- Initially, you’ll work a set shift pattern, but once you’ve completed 26 weeks of service you are eligible to apply for flexible working.
- Throughout your service, you’ll be eligible for membership of the police pension scheme.
- You’ll have access to the support of the Police Federation, the representative body for police officers across the UK.
- We offer a full range of Occupational Health Services, including medical screening, vaccination, physiotherapy, and counselling services. You’ll also have 24/7 access to CareFirst Employee Assistance.
- You’ll join our staff rewards scheme, offering discounts in a range of high street and online stores. Also, whilst you’re enrolled with our University partner and studying for your degree qualification, you’ll be eligible for student discount schemes.
- Our Sports and Recreation Association offer access to a number of gyms on police premises across the Dyfed-Powys area. There is also the opportunity to represent us in a variety of sports, from football and rugby, to lifesaving and triathlon.
- Support and advice from our Staff Associations and Support Networks which include: Ability Staff Network, Christian Police Association, Gender Equality Network, LGBT Network and Ethnic Minority Support Network.
Other than these incredible benefits, there is also so much else to gain from becoming a Police Officer!