The benefits of becoming a police officer
Joining us at Dyfed-Powys Police means you’ll have access to a large range of benefits and support.
- All of your training will be working towards a degree level qualification, which will be awarded when you’re confirmed as a police constable. You’ll be paid while you learn!
- You’ll receive a starting salary of £20,880. If you continue your service at the rank of constable, this will eventually rise to the maximum of £40,128.
- New recruits receive 22 days annual leave per year. There are also opportunities for overtime which can either be paid or taken as additional time off.
- Accommodation is provided during training if you’re travelling more than 30 miles from your home address to our headquarters in Carmarthen.
- Lunch is provided during your initial training in our canteen. Residential students will also be provided with an evening meal.
- Initially, you’ll work a set shift pattern, but once you’ve completed 26 weeks of service you are eligible to apply for flexible working.
- Throughout your service, you’ll be eligible for membership of the police pension scheme.
- You’ll have access to the support of the Police Federation, the representative body for police officers across the UK.
- We offer a full range of Occupational Health Services, including medical screening, vaccination, physiotherapy, and counselling services. You’ll also have 24/7 access to CareFirst Employee Assistance.
- You’ll join our staff rewards scheme, offering discounts in a range on high street and online stores. Also, while you’re enrolled with our University partner and studying for your degree qualification, you’ll be eligible for student discount schemes.
- Our Sports and Recreation Association offer access to a number of gyms on police premises across the Dyfed-Powys area. There is also the opportunity to represent us in a variety of sports, from football and rugby, to lifesaving and triathlon.
- Support and advice from our Staff Associations and Support Networks which include: Ability Staff Network, Christian Police Association, Female Staff Support Network, LGBT Network and Ethnic Minority Support Network.