Transferee special constables
Special Constables in Dyfed-Powys Police are an integral part of the force, they are key to delivering our commitment to policing “Safeguarding the communities that we serve.”
Dyfed-Powys Police welcomes applications from any currently serving (wishing to transfer) members of the Special Constabulary who share this vision.
What can I expect at as a Special Constable at Dyfed-Powys Police?
You will already be familiar with the duties of a Special Constable who work to make our communities safer by:
- Spending time at local schools, educating young people about crime reduction and community safety.
- Assisting the force with many aspects of policing, from high-visibility patrols to traffic operations, counter-terrorism and community safety.
- Supporting victims by detecting and investigating crime.
- Working with colleagues to bring those responsible for crime to justice, from arrest through to conviction.
- Assisting at the scene of accidents, fights or fires.
- Enforcing road safety initiatives.
- Conducting house-to-house enquiries.
- Providing security at major events.
- Tackling anti-social and alcohol related incidents.
We have a dedicated Learning and Development team who ensure that our Specials are fully trained and integrated into the Force. You can expect to receive the support you need to progress and enhance your career in the Special Constabulary.
If you are interested in transferring, please contact the Workforce Planning team via email at [email protected]
We will require the following evidence to be made available as part of the transferee process:
- evidence of your training record
- evidence of your Performance Development Records (if applicable)
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and should have a commitment to attend training during both initial and divisional phases. You must also be prepared to carry out self-study prior to the course and during initial training.