The benefits of becoming a Special Constable
Volunteering doesn’t come more rewarding than this!
Becoming a Special Constable at Dyfed-Powys Police is a unique challenge like no other. Conflict and crisis management, leadership and understanding the law are just some of the skills that you’ll build, but there are so many more. Each time you put on your uniform and book on duty, you’ll be learning something new. But you will also:
- Increase your circle of friends, you will meet a wide variety of people.
- Gain confidence by overcoming fresh challenges and opportunities.
- Develop team working and problem solving skills.
- Learn to physically defend yourself and deal with conflict.
- Gain a good understanding about our area and, help keep the communities of Dyfed-Powys safe.
- Get a real feeling of achievement at having done something to help others, whilst supporting regular officers and contributing to your local community.
- Take on a challenge where no two days will ever be the same
Joining the Special Constabulary opens up a world of opportunities for personal and professional development. Undergoing the training and then going out on patrol makes a welcome break from day-to-day life, bringing excitement and challenge every day you volunteer, and giving something special back to the community we’re all part of.