Find out below how to request information the police hold on you.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can.

Advice tool

I'd like to request disclosures for family court proceedings on behalf of my client/local authority

Thank you. To get the details you need, please email our Data Protection Team

Please include: 

  • the names and addresses of all the parties involved
  • the court reference number
  • type of proceedings

We may need to contact you for further information once your application has been submitted.

Please make sure you use a secure email.

We'll respond to you within one month of receiving your request.