Our priorities and progress
Police and Crime Plan 2017 - 2021
The plan helps sets the strategic direction and priorities for Dyfed-Powys Police. They are:
- Keeping our communities safe.
- Safeguarding the vulnerable.
- Protecting our communities from serious threats.
- Connecting with communities.
Progress is reported quarterly at the Policing Accountability Board; a public meeting where the Police and Crime Commissioner, Dafydd Llywelyn holds Chief Constable Mark Collins and his senior team to account.
Dyfed-Powys Police Delivery Plan 2017 to 2021
The plan clearly sets out our aims as a service for 2017 - 2021 and puts context to how we will deliver our priorities as a service. See the download below.
Keeping our communities safe
- Prevent crime and anti-social behaviour (ASB).
- Tackle the harm caused by substance misuse.
- Reduce and manage offending behaviour.
- Promote problem-solving approaches to address community issues.
- Work with partners to improve road safety.
Safeguarding the vulnerable
- Recognise and deal with vulnerability and prevent victimisation.
- Protect people from domestic abuse and gender-based violence.
- Enhance our understanding and our response to people with mental ill health.
- Safeguard children from sexual exploitation and support those who are vulnerable.
- Encourage positive citizenship in young people.
Protecting from serious harm
- Deliver the Strategic Policing Requirement and respond to emerging threats.
- Work with communities and partners to disrupt serious and organised crime activity.
- Address the threat of violent extremism and support those vulnerable to exploitation.
- Strengthen our ability to deal with the increased threat of cyber-crime.
- Make the best use of combined resources in our approach to emergency planning.
Connecting with communities
- Adopt an engagement strategy to meet the specific needs of communities.
- Ensure that the public receive a visible and accessible service.
- Strengthen opportunities for the community to help deliver policing.
- Provide a professional response to dealing with complaints and compliments.